Most students choose subjects with little or no career choice information guided by family preference, teacher driven, peer influence, individual inclinations or media influence. This has resulted to broken careers and unrealized dreams. Research indicates that on average, people who start working at the age of 25 change career 4-5 times by the age of retirement. Hence, lots of energy and resources is spent on transition leading to dead and unfulfilled careers. It is for this reason that Schools Net Kenya in partnership with Edupro has designed a tailor made Students Career Guidance Program for different categories of students and teachers.
Students Career Mentorship Program Design
Our Career Mentorship Program (CMP) is designed for diverse groups of students with tailor made modules for:
- Students from different socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds (urban, rural and informal settlements)
- Students enrolled in academic or vocational-technical programs
- Students in need of character development or drug related issues
Our Career Mentorship Program (CMP) is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To develop students awareness on the relationship between academic studies and their life occupation.
- To motivate, inform for improved self-esteem and self- confidence
- To help students make informed decisions and choices in schools as a preparation for their future career.
- To stimulate student’s participation in curriculum and co-curriculum activities that is essential for successful career life
Benefits of Students Career Mentorship Program
- increased and accurate knowledge on career choices available
- improved motivation levels in their studies
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Informed choices during subject selection in form II
- Better attitude about school and schooling challenges
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Improved relationships with parents, teachers and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Stable career lives
Our interactive and practical engagement entails electrifying facilitation with mentally stimulating perspectives. Each session is conducted in comfortable style that supports adult and students learning based on the most successful change and conditioning technologies of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Neuro-Associative Conditioning (NAC) that encompasses both in door and out-doors learning activities.
The Career Planning Course is a six (6) hour training delivered in three sessions of two hours each.
For inquiry about our Students Career Mentorship Program, kindly contact SNK management