School Improvement Evaluation Approach
Schools Net Kenya is ideally positioned to carry out the comprehensive school improvement evaluation to assess school’s overall performance. SNK Team seeks to identify areas needing organizational improvement to support school revitalization and sustainability.
SNK Team evaluation process focuses on the following critical parameters for effective school improvement:
- School’s vision, mission, core values, educational philosophy;
- School Management;
- Staff evaluation systems, contracts, compensation, and professional development;
- Curriculum and programming;
- Protocol and reporting systems;
- Admissions, recruiting, and retention systems
- School physical environment;
- Financial plan;
- Marketing and communications
Data Collection Methods
To establish a clear picture of school’s performance against established parameters, and to determine areas of priority that school needs to focus on, SNK Team makes use of the following data collection methods:
- Focus Group Discussion
- Interview method
- Questionnaire method
- Document Analysis and
- Observation method
Report and Action Plan
Following our evaluation, SNK Team develops a customized strategic report identifying areas that need immediate focus and ‘roll-out’, strategies, and action plan to enhance schools’ overall improvement.
The Team provides a presentation to the appropriate stakeholders (mainly the school management and the administrative school leaders). The final report prioritizes steps for improvement based on the outlined parameters.