This article outlines the Compulsory and Optional English and Kiswahili Set Books for the years 2018 to 2023. Summary notes of the Set Books are available at Schools Net Kenya through Online Ordering.
English Set Books in KCSE 2018
English set books are categorized into Compulsory and Optional. The compulsory set books for 2018 that were settled on retaining by KICD included the following:
- BLOSSOMS OF THE SAVANNAH’ by Henry Ole Kulet, replacing ‘The River and The Source’
- ‘A DOLL’S HOUSE’ by Henrik Ibsen is the new play book, replacing ‘Caucasian Chalk Circle’ by Bertolt Brencht.
- The Pearl by John Steinbeck (Optional book)
- Memories we lost by Chris Wanjala (short stories) (Optional book)
- Inheritance by David Mulawa (play) (Optional book)
Kiswahili Set Books in 2018
- Chozi la Heri by Assumpta K. Matei (replaces ‘Kidagaa Kimemwozoea’, as a compulsory book for the next four years.
- Kigogo by Pauline Kea Kyovi (New play)
- Tumbo Lisiloshiba na Hadithi Nyingine by Alifa Chokocho na Dumu Kayanda (Short stories)